The proposed California initiative to legalize marijuana under state law, 07-0064, is still alive, and its organizers continue to collect signatures, according to an initiative update posted on the website of the Secretary of State at the beginning of April.
On the other hand, two initiatives that would have addressed prison crowding and conditions have failed. Those were measures that would have made it easier for prisoners to receive visits and would have made significant changes to California’s criminal sentencing structure, including repealing its “Three Strikes” rule.
- Neck Restraint Proves Fatal Yet Again - May 19, 2017
- Dad Kills, Dumps Son in the Desert - May 5, 2017
- An Ounce of Marijuana Costs Woman Her Life - April 20, 2017
- Hackers Leak NSA Documents Following Trump’s Attack on Syria - April 13, 2017
- Celebrity Residential Burglaries On The Rise In Los Angeles - April 7, 2017
- Woman Gunned Down outside Las Vegas Shopping Center - March 31, 2017
- Nigerian Sisters Turn the Table on Nigerian Scams - March 2, 2017
- Casino Crime in Las Vegas Continues Even as It Changes - February 24, 2017
- Paul camp cries fraud over Nevada Caucus results - February 13, 2017
- No-Knock Warrants Continue to Erode Americans’ Rights and Liberties - February 2, 2017