The proposed California initiative to legalize marijuana under state law, 07-0064, is still alive, and its organizers continue to collect signatures, according to an initiative update posted on the website of the Secretary of State at the beginning of April.
On the other hand, two initiatives that would have addressed prison crowding and conditions have failed. Those were measures that would have made it easier for prisoners to receive visits and would have made significant changes to California’s criminal sentencing structure, including repealing its “Three Strikes” rule.
- Nevada Considering Recreational Pot Sales - June 23, 2017
- Kennedy Brewer Conviction Vacated - June 15, 2017
- Henry Lee McCollum Exonerated - June 13, 2017
- Gerald Delemus – First of the Bundy Gang Sentenced - June 9, 2017
- Lawyer Johnson: Wrongful Murder Conviction - May 27, 2017
- Neck Restraint Proves Fatal Yet Again - May 19, 2017
- Dad Kills, Dumps Son in the Desert - May 5, 2017
- An Ounce of Marijuana Costs Woman Her Life - April 20, 2017
- Hackers Leak NSA Documents Following Trump’s Attack on Syria - April 13, 2017
- Celebrity Residential Burglaries On The Rise In Los Angeles - April 7, 2017