Legal Resources on the Web
Page compiled by Las Vegas criminal lawyer Nick Wooldridge
- Access America for Seniors: a government-wide initiative to deliver electronic services from government agencies and organizations to seniors (sponsored by the National Partnership for Reinventing Government and the Government Information Technology Services).
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- The National Council on the Aging
- National Health Law Program A national public interest law firm that seeks to improve health care for America’s working and unemployed poor, minorities, the elderly and people with disabilities.
- ElderLawAnswers.com provides consumers information on legal issues of concern to seniors and their families, as well as access to a searchable database of elder law attorneys.
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services including On-Line Guide to Social Security Programs, On-Line Guide to Medicare & On-Line Guide to Nursing Home Law
- Elder Fraud and Abuse
- Flying Solo: dealing with divorce and separation and matters affecting the elderly and disabled
- Legal Issues Important to Senior Citizens from seniors-site.com
Reverse Mortgage Information
Medicare and Social Security Information
Nursing Home Law
Long Term Care Insurance
Advanced Directives & Health Care Proxies
- Advanced Directives & amp; Health Care Proxies from PARTNERSHIP FOR CARING: AMERICA’S VOICES FOR THE DYING
Federal Government Resources
- Internet Law Library (This was formerly U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library
- FirstGov: A site to search federal government websites. A website to provide the public with easy, one-stop access to all online U.S. Federal Government resources.
- FirstGov for Seniors: a government-wide initiative to deliver electronic services from government agencies and organizations to seniors (sponsored by the National Partnership for Reinventing Government and the Government Information Technology Services).
- Yahoo’s list of government/legal resources
The Federal Courts
Federal Statutes and Regulations
State Law Resources
- ALSO! (American Law Sources On-Line) provides a comprehensive, uniform, and useful compilation of links to all on-line sources of American law that are available without charge (Covers U.S., Canada & Mexico)
Law School Resources
- Index of Law School Web Sites– USC lists 212 sites!
- The ABA List of Law Schools
- Law Review Contents Pages
- Kansas Elderlaw Network — a site specializing in Elder Law!
- Wake Forest University School of Law: The Elder Law Clinic
Bar Association Elderlaw Resources
- Nevada State Bar Association – Elder Law Section: Legal Resources Available on the World-Wide Web
Some General Legal Resource Locators
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators: Have you lost your money? This page will give you all the information you need to find out if you have unclaimed property.
- Immigration Information from Fitzgerald & Company
- Wiki Law Legal information and attorney listings from a not-for-profit.
Some Elder Care & Miscellaneous Related Resources on the Web
- SeniorAssistance.net is a site specifically with the elderly in mind. It is setup to extend help, guidance, and provide links to the products and services that cater to senior citizens.
- MySeniorCare find up-to-date information on home health care agencies, assisted living facilities, and more
- DrMarion.org provides seniors and their caregivers timely, relevant, and valuable education, resources, products, and services for a better life.
- SeniorHomes.com is a resource for finding local senior residential options. It has information on nursing homes, assisted living, memory care and retirement communities, as well as articles on important senior housing topics.
- Assisted Living Source is a comprehensive directory which can help you find the right Assisted Living Community, Nursing Home, Retirement Community, Alzheimer’s Care Facility, or Independent Living Community.
- Home Care Profile is a comprehensive directory which can help you find the right Home Care Service.
- Eldercare Web
- Alzheimer Solutions
- International Association for Financial Planning
- ThirdAge A Web community of active older adults, 50+ and seniors. Features chat, free stuff, discounts, health care, computers, retirement, investing, caregiving, travel, news, and more!
- Transitions, Inc Elder Care Consultants
- Elder Information and Assistance a resource that provides professional assistance and links to the information about aging issues
- CareGuide.com: diectories, articles, newsletters & tools for Elder Care & Child Care
Other Non-Internet Resources
- Statewide Senior Legal Hotlines funded by Older Americans Act, Legal Services and State Bar Associations.
- The Elder Law Clinic at Wake Forest University School of Law provides free legal assistance to moderate income seniors, and serves as a resource center for lawyers and other professionals.
- Upper Midwest Pension Rights Project