In the state of Nevada, certain criminal offenses related to prostitution have been made illegal. Once such offense is the crime of pandering. There are actually several statutes that prohibit pandering, including a general statute and one that specifically establishes penalties for placing a spouse in a brothel.
The statutes defining the crime of pandering are found in Chapter 201 of Title 15 of the Nevada Code. Chapter 201 is the part of the criminal code where offenses against public decency and good morals are defined. Engaging in pandering is considered to be a serious offense against morality and decency and the penalties for the crime could affect your life in profound ways.
LV Criminal Defense can provide you with assistance in fighting charges related to pandering so you can reduce the likelihood of convicted or so you can negotiate a plea agreement likely to result in lesser penalties. Our experienced Vegas defense attorneys have provided extensive help to defendants accused of pandering and we can put your legal experience with these types of cases to work to help you maximize the chances of a favorable outcome. Give us a call today to find out more about how we can help you.
According to N.R.S. 201.300, you could be convicted of pandering if you:
• Induce, persuade, encourage, entice, or compel another person to either engage in prostitution or to become a prostitute.
• Use threats or violence to cause, induce, persuade, encourage, take, harbor, or entice a person to become an inmate of a house of prostitution or to become an inmate in any place where prostitution is encouraged or is permitted.
• Use a device or scheme to induce, persuade, take, cause, or entice someone to become an inmate in a place where prostitution is encouraged or permitted, including in a house of prostitution.
• Use threats of violence or any device, scheme or fraud to place or have someone placed in a location where prostitution is encouraged, practiced, or allowed for purposes of prostitution.
• Use fraud, artifice, or duress of person or goods to cause someone to be placed for purposes of prostitution in a place where prostitution is encouraged.
• Place someone in your charge in a place where prostitution is permitted or encouraged for purposes of prostitution, or abuse your power to place or have someone placed in a locale where prostitution is encouraged or permitted.
• Use threats, promises, fraud, artifice, duress, or abuse of power, to cause a person of previously chaste character to enter a place where prostitution is encouraged, practiced, or allowed for purposes of sexual intercourse.
• Take or detain a person with the intention of using force, threats, menace, or duress to force that person to be married to someone else.
• Receive, give, or agree to receive money or any items of value for procuring a person to become a prostitute or to come into or leave a state for purposes of prostitution.
Nick Wooldridge has a long track record of representing clients accused of serious federal and state crimes in Nevada.TOP RATED ON:
Pandering is a Category C felony if the person that you forced or otherwise caused to become involved in prostitution is an adult and physical force or threats were used upon that adult. Pandering is a Category D felony if the person you forced or otherwise caused to become involved in prostitution is an adult and no physical force was used. If the person was a child, pandering is a Category B felony and, depending upon whether physical force was used, the penalty could include either a minimum of two years and a maximum of 20 years imprisonment or a minimum of one year and a maximum of 10 years imprisonment.
Because you could be convicted of a felony, it’s vital you get legal help from an experienced Vegas defense lawyer if you have been accused of pandering. Contact LV Criminal Defense today to get help fighting serious charges related to pandering.
When I initially met with Mr. Wooldridge, he took the opportunity to sit and go over my problem with me. He described details in my case which he found disturbing and explained why he I should have him on my side.